Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Easy Stromboli

My good friend, Tina, mentioned this to me the other day and I quickly asked her to send me the recipe. I can't wait to try it. Actually, I'm trying it tomorrow when our friends the Brown's come to visit--we'll let you know how it turns out!! :)

Easy Stromboli

Ingredients:

1 recipe for white bread dough for breadmaker (if you don't have one of these, I can send you mine, just let me know)
2 eggs, separated
2 Tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsley
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon pepper
4-oz package pepperoni
8-oz package shredded mozzarella (or more, if you like lots of cheese)
1 Tablespoon grated parmesan (not important if you don't have it)

1. Roll out bread dough into a 12x15 rectangle; set aside. (I used a Pampered Chef baking stone for cooking this, it works well if you have one. If not, a cookie sheet will be fine, I'm sure)
2. Combine egg yolks, oil, oregano, parsley, garlic powder and pepper together; spread over dough. (I use a brush to spread this and it works really well.)
3. Arrange pepperoni first in a single layer over the whole thing, and then put mozzarella cheese on top. This order is important. If you do the cheese and then the pepperoni, it doesn't stay together right.
Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over mozzarella.
4. Roll up long ways, and SEAL SEAM THOROUGHLY. place seam side down on a baking sheet or stone.
5. Brush w/ egg whites (not all the egg whites, it's way too much)
6. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes until big and golden brown all over. Sometimes I have to put foil over mine for the last few minutes b/c it's getting too brown, but you need to make sure you bake it long enough.

No comments: