Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Cornflake Chicken



A month or so ago, my friend Christina mentioned that she was going to try this recipe. Afterwards, she had nothing but good things to say and has mentioned several times that she was making it again. She has a 3 1/2 year old and a 5 month old, so I know she's not into extravagant recipes right now and I think I've loved every recipe she's passed my way. I'm not really sure why I didn't try it sooner. Sunday I decided to put it on the menu for this week. However, when I did my grocery shopping on Monday, I completely forgot to buy cornflakes--seriously!?! I briefly contemplated trying to pick the bran flakes out of raisin bran or using the flakes from Special K, but ultimately ended up running to the store again today. This recipe is simple but tasty. And what really puts it over the top in my book is that both of my little ones, who are 3 1/2 and 1 1/2, loved it! You really should give it a try! :)

Cornflake Chicken

Ingredients:

2 cups of cornflakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
dash of garlic powder (optional)
1/4 cup of butter, melted (possibly more, depending on how much chicken you use)
1-2 pounds of chicken

1. Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan.
2. Crush cornflakes.

3. Mix cornflakes, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
4. Dredge chicken in butter, then roll in the cornflakes mixture.

5. Lay chicken in baking pan. Sprinkle remaining flake mixture over top.

6. Bake for 25-35 minutes--depending on the thickness of your chicken--until chicken is cooked clear through.

No comments: