Monday, May 11, 2009
Creamy Chicken Bacon and Tomato Pasta
I stumbled upon this recipe from Kraftfoods.com several months ago and knew it was something my husband would like--anything with bacon in the title wins around here. It was really quick and easy to make. It's not a new favorite, but it will definitely be in the rotation. It has a unique creamy tomato sauce that I really like. I bet you will, too. So, the next time you feel stuck in the recipe rut, give this one a try!
Creamy Chicken, Bacon & Tomato Pasta
3 cups whole wheat farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
uncooked 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
3 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cooked, crumbled
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese, cubed
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Cook pasta as directed on package.
2. Meanwhile, cook chicken in large skillet on medium heat 5 to 6 min. or until chicken is done, stirring occasionally.
3. Add bacon, tomatoes, cream cheese, water and pepper; mix well.
4. Cook 3 min. or until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
5. Drain pasta; place in serving bowl. Add sauce; mix lightly. Sprinkle with Parmesan.