Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

AWOL

So, I know I've been absent for a while, but in the meantime I've painted several rooms in my house, completely reorganized the kids toys, and gone to visit my grandparents and extended family in A-town and taken the kids to the fair. :) But enough excuses...tomorrow, I'm getting together with some friends in Cedarville to plan a freezer meal swap. If you've never heard of one, basically, each person makes enough of a recipe (or two) for each family that's participating and then you bring the food together and swap. So you cook a large quantity of food on one day and end up with 4-12 (depending on how many are in your group) meals to freeze and pull out later. I've never done a meal swap before, but I'm really looking forward to it. I mean, what's not to like about having lots of meals already made in your freezer?? :) I plan to post pics and recipes from our experience to let you know how it goes. Maybe some of you want to try this yourselves? Or maybe some of you have done it already? If you have, I'd love to know what has worked well for you and even what hasn't worked well. Thanks!!
:)
Heather

No comments: