Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Taco Lasagna


When our friends were visiting last weekend, Kim and I ran to the store to pick up a couple things. While we were going down the isle we saw a boxed dinner by Old El Paso that actually looked tasty. It was called Mexican Lasagna or something like that. Anyway, it got me thinking and here is the result. This is still a work in progress, so I'm open to suggestions and I'll probably tweak it a bit the next time I make it.

Taco Lasagna

Ingredients:
8-10 corn tortillas (they're smaller than the burrito tortillas)
1 1/2 lbs. of ground beef
1 lg. jar of Enchillada Sauce (your favorite Mexican sauce/taco sauce/salsa?)
2 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese
1 jar of diced tomatoes (w/ or w/o green chiles)

1. Brown the beef
2. Add the enchillada sauce and tomatoes, and let it simmer for 10 minutes or so
3. Spray an 8x8 pan, then line the bottom with a layer of tortillas. (I tore mine in half so that they would fit better)
4. Pour a layer of the meat mixture over top
5. Sprinkle cheese over the meat mixture
6. Repeat tortillas, meat, cheese 2 more times
7. Cover and bake for 30 minutes
8. Uncover, bake 10 more minutes
9. Serve with sour cream

We liked it...hope you do, too! :)

2 comments:

foodbin said...

looks tasty

Anonymous said...

I bet this is better than what you saw at the store, it sure looks delicious and cheesy! I'd like to share your recipe with our readers, please let me know if you're interested :).