Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Honey Yeast Rolls

I've heard nothing but great things about these rolls from Annie's Eats, so today, I finally tried them. But I adapted the recipe so that I could make them in my bread machine--a little less work for me and more time to work on the chicken and dumplings and chocolate chip cookies. To get the original recipe, click here. Here's my adapted version:

Honey Yeast Rolls

Ingredients:
1 cup warm water (105°-115° F)
¼ cup honey3 tbsp. canola oil1 ¼ tsp. salt1 egg, lightly beaten
4 cups bread flour
2 ¼ tsp. instant yeast

To spread over rolls:
1 T butter, melted
1 T honey

Directions:
1. Put ingredients in the bread machine in the order listed.
2. Select dough cycle on your bread machine (mine’s approx. 1 ½ hours long)
3. Punch the dough down and divide into 12 equal portions. Shape each portion into a ball and place into a round, lightly greased baking dish, spacing evenly.
4. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place for 20 minutes.
5. Mix together the melted butter and honey, and brush lightly over the tops of the rolls. 6. Bake at 400° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned.

Adapted from Annie’s Eats

No comments: