Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Vegetable Soup (with a sweet potato twist)

This is a recipe given to me by a friend from her friend. Now that the weather is getting cooler, I am craving soups. I thought I had shared this recipe before, but alas, I haven't! You all need to try this unique version of vegetable soup--you won't regret it!

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1/4 t. pepper
1/2 bag of baby carrots chopped
2 medium yellow potatoes, cubed
1 med sweet potato, cubed
3 stalks of celery chopped
1 cup finely chopped cabbage
3 cups water
1 large can of tomato juice
1+ T. worcestershire sauce
16 oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained 

Directions:
1. Brown the ground beef; drain.
2. In large pot combine other ingredients with the beef and stir.
3. Simmer until the vegetables are tender (I cooked mine for several hours).
4. Enjoy!

No comments: