Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Simple and Delicious Sloppy Joes

Nearly seven years ago, my friend Sharon made these sloppy joes for us to eat before we went Trick or Treating together. I am so glad she did. My hubby loves sloppy joes of any kind, but I had gotten tired of Manwich. This has been our go-to sloppy Joe recipe ever since.

Sloppy Joes

1 lbs ground beef or turkey
3/4 cup ketchup
1 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
A few dashes of liquid smoke
A few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbs brown sugar
* If you want a little tang to it, add 1 tsp vinegar. The other thing I sometimes tweak is the brown sugar...add as much or little as you need depending on how sweet you like it. 


Brown the meat, then drain the grease and add the ingredients. If you're feeding more, just multiply!

Enjoy!  

No comments: